APAC Exotic Trade Support Officer, Global Markets Operations
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Provide dedicated Support for Asia Exotic & Structured Front Office Desk
Trade Booking, Amendment & Validation
- Book late Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
- Validate Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems
- Amend or Cancel Trade in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems Reconciliations
- Perform Front Office / Middle Office reconciliations between Trading End of Day books and morning data in PNL Risk Trade repository Systems
- Check Front Office /Back Office reconciliations are performed and breaks corrected in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems in a timely manner (If applicable & Not covered by Product Control and Analysis Team)
Trade Lifecycle Events
- Compute and notify trade events (Eg. Early Termination and coupons)
- Monitor & Validate Barriers Crossing & Fixings mismatches
- Adjust booking in PNL / Risk Trade repository Systems further Corporate Action events
- All above processes / controls are described in details under ORUS & the Front Office Support ASIA booklet is providing deeper explanation on team mandates / responsibilities & the definition of the officer standard day.
- Participate to global projects related to Trade Support processes improvements.
- Participate to local projects related to systems migrations.
- Active follow up on updating documentation of Trade Support processes.
- To perform day-to-day core trade support functions to Trading including trade validation, late trade booking, trade amendment and cancelation
- To handle any post-trade events such as Corporate action adjustment, secondary event booking and notification
- To be the middleman to co-ordinate all information from Front to Back to ensure smooth processing and settlement is properly performed
- To perform as an independent control team to strengthen all the control within Global Market Operations
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
The team works closely with other Trade Support teams and Trading to ensure timely communication for any breaks identified.
Main drivers are client service quality, independent control, operational risk safety and cost efficiency.
- Analytical mindset: Aptitude to understand the Front to Back workflows and handle exceptional issues with logical mindsets to communicate with Front Office
- Organized & good resistance to stress: This is a much faced paced dynamic environment; therefore excellent time management and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
- Attention to detail: Ability to ring the bell for any abnormal trade pattern and escalate in timely manner
- Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on the daily production and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
- Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Trade support middle office on Exotic products.
- Strong experience in Exotic products: product scheme knowledge, capacity to understand the Front Office to Back Office stream.
- Pricing of exotic options would be a plus.
- Being involved and actor in major projects.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Strong Preference to have Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance.
- Strong Equity derivatives products knowledge including the Front to Back workflows and the product event management.
- Strong Preference to have MS and programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access) would be a significant plus.
- Fresh graduates with strong academic background may also be considered