APAC AML & Sanctions Advisory Compliance Officer (Associate-AVP level)
Standard / Permanent
• Provide advice on sanctions regimes and BNPP Policies on sanctioned countries, entities and activities
• Conduct enhanced due diligence for DCM transactions; corporate finance transactions; and structured finance transactions
• Provide succinct analytical views on sanctions/AML issues in a timely manner
• Liaise with BNPP Legal on contractual management of sanctions/AML/bribery risk
• Assist AML Sanctions Compliance (APAC) in conducting enhanced due diligence review on sensitive clients (e.g. PEP accounts, embassies, clients in sensitive industries (e.g. agri, nuclear, mining)) and where time allows other business groups in the Region
• Assist the businesses in identifying, investigating, and escalating suspicious activity to the APAC Regional Head of Financial Security / KYC
• Provide advice and feedback to draft BNPP policies, procedures, guidance and other issues
• Work with front, middle and back office staff to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring reports and procedures are in place to support and monitor any new business/product and that such procedures are as consistent as possible with group standards and group procedures
• Generally provide support to the APAC Head of Financial Security/KYC Advisory and the APAC Regional Head of Financial Security / KYC.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• University graduate with relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA Diploma of Compliance or Anti Money Laundering, and/or other industry AML memberships/certifications, e.g. ACAMS)
• A legal background is preferred, with experience in handling contracts particularly beneficial
• At least 3 years’ work experience in related AML/sanctions areas
• Strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to think critically and to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Possess an attention to detail with an investigative and questioning nature.
• Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.
• Ability to work independently as well as being a supporting team player.
• Possess extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills, with ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes
• Knowledge of debt capital markets, corporate finance and structured finance transactions
• Some knowledge of the International Sanctions regimes and in dealing with sanctions issues as they affect financial institutions.
• Working knowledge of how AML risks are managed, and clients and products are risk scored and monitored is essential
• Good general knowledge and interest in international political affairs – and particularly the evolving sanctions landscape
• Familiarity with navigating the operational tools which support AML Compliance controls would be preferred