Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks and a world top player in the banking sector, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with over 193.000 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country with more than 4500 employees.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations centre in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (“GFS”) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
Within Group Finance Services, we are looking for a Team Leader to manage a team of Analytical Accounting Control Analysts that is in charge of the analytical accounting controls on a scope that covers BNP Paribas SA and some subsidiaries.
The team is responsible for executing the following activities:
• Perform analytical accounting controls
• Perform analysis of discrepancies and unexpected results
• Document data quality checks and provide KPIs/ Dashboards
• Provide first and second level of support to end-users
Analytical accounting controls are made in dedicated systems which provide financial controllers and finance reporting teams with monthly profitability indicators to monitor the activity of the bank.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Analytical Accounting Controls Team Leader, your main activities are to:
• Manage and support the day to day operations of the team
• Contribute to the complex analysis and revision of analysis reports
• Establish Client relationship and represent the team during governance meetings with the different stakeholders who are located abroad
• Create reports to update on team’s progress to next level Management (KPIs and Dashboards, key messages, improvement axis)
• Lead continuous improvement activities such as monitor the KPIs/Dashboards produced by the team and implement processes to ensure the efficiency of the team’s daily activities
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or other relevant education in Management Control
• More than 3 years of experience as Team Leader and over 5 years in Accounting or Management Control
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Fluent in English (B2 Level minimum; CECRL certificate)
• Fluent in French (B2 Level minimum; CECRL certificate)
• Strong management skills
• Interpersonal and customer orientation skills
• Pro-active behaviour regarding the ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
• At ease with multi-tasking
• Ability to simplify complex information in a clearly organized and visually interesting manner
• Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organisation skillsAvailability: Up to 2 months of training abroad