Accountant, Transversal Team - Continuous Improvement Projects
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Mission and Objectives
ü Analyst of the Transversal team will be primarily responsible to onboard manual processes and transversal topics performed by the other production teams from the Finance Regional Group platform. They should also contribute in streamling these processes with the help of Finance Project Office and facilitate the Finance Industrialization model of such processes.
ü Will also be responsible to perform activities required for the month end closing related to processes under the responsibility of the Finance Regional Group platform.
ü Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the platform’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the processes under the team’s responsibility.
ü Oversee the update of static data (tables, parameters, allocations) and user maintenance for the tools/systems under the team’s responsibility
ü In partnership with the Finance Project Office team, contributes to the standardization/harmonization of best practices across the general ledger and operational platforms.
ü Oversee the tools supporting the general ledgers, as well as front/back office processing systems upstream/downstream to the platform that are under the team’s responsibility
- Performed day-to-day operations of team by:
ü Performed the collection, processing and reporting of revenue and transaction volume information for all business lines transacting business in the North American territories
ü Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual closings of the various general ledgers for various back office processing systems
ü Performed manual entries and ensure the reconciliation of the results to the financial ledgers
ü Observe of the bank’s policies and procedures
ü Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
Training and occupational experience
ü Accounting degree from a reputable university. Graduate degree and/or CPA/Chartered Accountant designation desirable.
ü Minimum 3-5 years of experience in at least several of the following corporate and/or line of business disciplines preferably within a corporate banking company: financial accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, audit (internal/external), compliance and risk management positions
· Click here to enter text.
Essential specific requirements
· Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both in IFRS and US GAAP (an asset) as well as regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations ( an asset).
- Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
- Ability to learn new systems and products quickly.
· Click here to enter text.
Skills and behaviours
· Project management skills
· Effective analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
· Maturity, professional standing, strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with relevant teams; strong planning and organizational skills
· Understanding of system requirements and capabilities to ensure appropriate controls and operational processes