Analyst – International Settlements Analyst
Standard / Permanent
Global Markets Information Technology & Operations (ITO) services the business lines which fall under Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB). Global Markets North American Trade Processing is a sub-group of ITO, with various teams established to conduct the following:
The management of operations in the booking systems;
Monitoring and facilitation of the settlement of cash and securities with clients and counterparties;
The follow-up of client billing and reporting;
The reconciliation of positions between FO and booking systems;
The calculation, explanation and analysis of the daily profits and losses including reconciliation with Financial accounting results;
The management of the referential data;
The management of relationships with BO and Custodians; and
The management of Corporate Action events and advice to FO teams.
- Daily settlement of equities and fixed income securities settling in international markets
- Address and resolve all unmatched trades
- Process cross border movements and balance order settlements
- Monitor fails and request borrows as needed
- Reconciliation custodian accounts for securities and cash
- Analysis of funding needs and movement of cash between PB and ALM to meet needs and ensure the most efficient use of cash.
- Process free receive and deliveries
- Monitor all daily exception reports
- Monitor segregation deficits and take appropriate action to resolve
- Participate in Follow the Sun handoff from Europe
- Monitor transactions requiring static data setup and work with referential to ensure proper setup.
- Work with front office to facilitate the setup of passenger accounts in fully disclosed markets.
Minimum required qualifications
- At least five years’ experience in international settlements operations or a similar settlement or funding operations environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced operations environment.
- Adequate understanding of operational processes and risks and the ability to escalate concerns.
- Knowledge of SWIFT messaging as it pertains to securities settlements
- Expertise in settlement in one or more local markets, with a focus on Canada or Latin America
- Understanding of Calypso back office system
- Experience using Broadridge BPS
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable