Analyst - Fund Accountant
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
Responsible for production of data/spreadsheets related to mutual fund month-end reporting, fund financial audits, SOC 1 audits, outsourced relationships, swap reconciliations, and other daily/monthly/quarterly reporting on a regular and ad hoc basis. Will work closely with both internal and external parties concerning the above activities. Ensures compliance with departmental policies, procedures and timelines when completing reporting.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Audit related board materials.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting, dilution files, outsourced fund materials, and other as needed.
- Prepare monthly ad hoc reporting including SSB Market Values, Fed Report, Seed Capital Analysis, etc…
- Completes established mutual fund reporting as directed for all required periods (i.e. monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually).
- Complete daily reporting including swap and bank loan tie outs and outsourced fund materials.
- Prepare items related to mutual fund annual and semi-annual reports
- Prepare items related to annual SOC 1 reporting.
- Assists in providing explanations to outside audit firms regarding mutual funds at annual reporting periods.
- Build and maintain positive working relationship with internal and external parties (PWC, KPMG, SSB, Financial Reporting, Compliance, etc..).
- Support team in all aspects of the above deliverables.
- Develop and maintain procedures for all team deliverables.
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Knowledge of mutual fund industry, mutual fund accounting and reporting
Ability to work independently within established guidelines
Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
At least one year mutual fund accounting/reporting experience.