Analyst – Flow Team Specialist
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
- Ensure Compliance Controls are performed by respecting the control protocol defined for each type of financing.
- Ensure customer compliance to the approved Credit Facility as well as the day to day administration and control of collateral, with an emphasis on administering Borrowing Base facilities
- Assist client in obtaining rates, translating documents, and preparing / obtaining necessary documentation for L/C and Loan Issuances for BB deals. Ensure appropriate approvals for L/C and Loan Issuances are acquired prior to delivering to Issuing Bank.
- Ensure clients provide necessary approvals for L/C and Loan Amendments prior to being sent for approval. Ensure exposure reports are updated if and verify that there is sufficient collateral (if applicable).
- Verify client signatures on all transaction requests received outside of bank systems.
- Review and evaluate letters of credit application(s) or loan request(s), purchase and sales contracts, and any other documentation to determine their compliance with their terms outlined in the approved credit facility
- Liaise with client, Transaction Manager and Relationship Manager regarding transactions, line availability, and problems or issues as they arise, with special attention on the control function.
- Update ECoS and/or the customer spreadsheet on a daily basis to show up-to-date and accurate information.
- Responsible to obtain approval of the advising bank for all BNPP issued Letter of Credits that allow for Telex Transmitted Reimbursement.
- Confirming sufficient availability of cash or DOL and prior to approving release of funds from clients Demand Deposit Accounts.
- Perform daily reconciliation between ECoS and/or customer spreadsheets and the Bank’s systems for loan, letter of credit and cash balances.
- Perform nightly confirmations with applicable departments to ensure all activities are processed.
- Perform compliance controls following the standard control protocol defined for each type of financing (e.g. Chrysalide) and complete Mandatory Analysis Grids (MAG) as required.
- Perform all necessary Compliance Checks using Prime Compliance Suite, Yellow Tool and/or Lloyds.
- Evaluate all potential hits, and escalate all hits to Compliance Department for which you cannot determine acceptability.
- Prepare and authorize transaction forms to show flow of transaction and submit to Transactional Control for further processing.
- File insurance policies as they are received from FO, ensuring Loan Summary and Exposure Reports are updated as needed. Provide Paris CIB GPS Insurance Booking with updated exposure reports on a monthly basis.
- Review Insurance Premium invoices and verify consistency of amounts with records. Prepare payment instructions and acquire appropriate signatures before delivering payment instructions for processing.
- Monitor open account receivable limits per customer to confirm utilization is within the departmental limits.
- Maintain Borrowing Base Tickler to track due date of BB package.
- Update ECoS and/or the customer spreadsheet to reflect the new Borrowing Base data
- Update exposure reports / spreadsheets as needed for BB facilities and send to appropriate parties as requested.
- Review LatAm e-Prof reports received monthly, performing reconciliation with Amortization Revenue Calculation Reports by profit center and communicating any identified discrepancies to Portfolio Officer / Finance.
- Assist in verifying accuracy of LatAm monthly Accreditif Reports by comparing to bank systems, ensuring all discrepancies are reported to CRI
- Interface with back office departments on a daily basis.
- Back-up other Flow Specialists when needed.
- Train and cross-train as necessary in order to acquire a transversal knowledge on deals.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as required
BS – Economics, Finance or other related field of study
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong work ethic and strong degree of self-accountability
Ability to read and interpret financing agreements; i.e. credit agreements, guarantees, etc.
Minimum of 3 years working experience in financing activities (loans, L/C, covenant calculation, etc.)