Analyst Developer VBA Mainframe Trainee
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within GFS, the Finance Solutions and Services – Application Support area is responsible for evolutions and maintenance of Group financial systems.
The FAST development team develops tactical solutions to meet business requirements on time. These tactical solutions should be taken over by Information Technology teams for strategic solutions.
As an Analyst Developer VBA and Mainframe Trainee, you will participate and contribute to the main activities of the FAST Development team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect, analyse and challenge business requirements: new requests or change requests
- Propose solutions, build/develop them and perform all necessary tests
- Release the solutions for clients and provide support
- Produce associated documentation and ensure developments auditability
- Monitor application portfolio and ensure recovery when needed
- Prepare plan to convert tactical solution into strategic solutions taken over by IT teams
- Bachelor’s degree in IT / Computer Sciences /Multimedia
- Knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications Access & Excel 2010 is a plus
- Mainframe know how is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, planning & organization skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong team spirit
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered