Analyst Developer Senior - Atlas2
Standard / Permanent
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Role Explained
The North American IT Transversal Functions is seeking an Analyst Developer on one of is in house application that deals with financial, risk and static data.
The company is engaged in significant banking operations activity in North America and is seeking to further expand its regionalized structure in Montreal.
· Contribute to projects as an Analyst Developer and Single Point of Contact for Business Analyst:
o Gather BA Requirements
o Perform analysis and produce Technical Specification documents
o Participate to Software Design Document
o Provide guidance and technical review on Atlas2 implementation during development cycle
o Review testing strategies with both BA and development team and instruct them prepare Test Plan and Test Cases.
· Perform Functional Analysis for ad-hoc requests/maintenances and support Development team if required.
· Prepare project documentation, in accordance with defined departmental standard procedures, including but not limited to project feasibility studies, workload estimations, application technical requirements, test strategies, etc.
· Follow all applicable internal policies and procedures, which include Change Management, IT Security, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, external/internal communications, etc.
· Focus on maintaining/enhancing applications for ITO Transversal functions systems as well as 3rd level support (Production issue troubleshooting, users assistance, addressing Audit findings, addressing IT Security findings …).
· Develop Unix/Perl/PLSQL scripts by following the best practices/conventions within the team.
· Perform peer code review.
· Help deploy application in UAT and production environments, handle bug-fixes and implement possible system redesign during these periods.
· Write technical specifications and perform workload and risk analysis related to these solutions.
· Maintain and support existing applications and provide user trainings.
· Document, effectively track and resolve issues in a timely manner (work with the team and BA as appropriate)Act as the single point of contact for the Bas.
· Strong Unix scripting knowledge (best practices, limitations, error handling …) - 5 years of experience minimum
· Strong Perl knowledge ( best practices, test suite, shell interaction, CPAN …) - 5 years of experience minimum
· Strong Oracle database knowledge (SQL, PL/SQL, basic administration …) - 5 years of experience minimum.
· Experience with Computer Associates Autosys scheduler or other scheduling/monitoring tools.
· Must have strong technical skills
· Must have banking industry experience.
· Worked in Agile environment and familiar with Waterfall & Agile development methods.
· Atlas2 BNP Paribas application knowledge is a huge plus.
· COBOL experience is a plus.
· Excellent analytical skills and strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills required
· Excellent technical documentation skills.
· A very good team player and to be able to work independently.
· Good English verbal and written communication skills. Be able to communicate with team mates, users and managers easily. (French a plus)
· Knowledge of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
· Knowledge of Agile methodology