Associate - ENR – Sector Associate
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
North America Coverage is responsible for cross-selling an array of the firm's services across strategically targeted corporate clients in various business sectors. The Energy Natural Resources credit management team manages the credit process for a number of coverage clients engaged in the production, processing, storage, transportation, marketing, trading and distribution of a wide range of commodities, from energy to agricultural and metals commodities.
• Monitor the credit quality of an assigned portfolio of client names involved in the logistics and marketing of energy, metals and agricultural commodities.
• Periodic reviews of borrower financial statements, press releases and news articles, industry information, peer analysis, etc.
• Prepare borrower related information for assigned accounts to be included in annual reviews, facility renewals, amendments, waivers, etc.
• Coordinate the credit process with the relevant coverage, product and risk teams to ensure an efficient turnaround of transactions.
• Ensure the correct recording of client exposure and risk parameters.
• Ensure that internal and external deadlines are met.
• Participate in client calls as needed for due diligence on assigned client names.
• Maintain reporting related to portfolio including deal flow, exposure tracking, and other general reports.
• Interact with internal and external auditors during loan examinations.
• Interact with other bank branches to coordinate information on group or contributor strategies.
• Strong interaction with Risk Corporate, Coverage and Product Teams.
• Good understanding of the commodities space and general banking practices.
• Excellent writing skills – clear, concise presentation of value added information
• Strong accounting and financial statement analysis.
• Formal credit training courses are a plus.
• Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a corporate banking environment
• Pro-active and able to communicate well at all levels of the organization
FINRA Registrations Required:
• Series 79 and Series 63