BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The Credit Trade Support team provides essential operational risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. The bank has a substantial Credit Derivative trading presence in London, New York, and Asia.
The position is as a Trade Support Analyst/AVP for the Credit Derivative Trading desk in New York. The selected candidate will report to the Credit TS Team Supervisor. The team supports the execution of credit-based OTC instruments transacted by the global Swap Trading and Sales businesses with additional focus on risk management and reporting, client service, and strategic initiatives driven by technology, regulatory/industry requirements, and new business/products.
The role will encompass the tasks of ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The individual will be responsible of monitoring and proactively resolving trade breaks on Trade Date, performing PV checks to ensure all economic details are in line, ensure all positions and P&L match between deal capture systems and settlement systems, resolve all issues raised by FO and BO, and address any ad-hoc requests.
Detailed specific responsibilities include:
- Work with Front Office, P&L, Back Office, Third party vendors, and Application Support to resolve operational and booking issues
- Monitor to completion the front to back workflow of life cycle of a trade including business events and adhering to regulatory requirements (Dodd Frank Act, EMIR, Real Time Reporting, Mandatory Clearing with various CCPs and SEFs)
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Assist with project initiatives designed to improve and streamline existing processes
- Mitigate risk by reconciling discrepancies between the trading desk’s positions and the firm’s books and records
- Engage in various industry and regulatory initiatives in a constantly changing environment. Responsible for full understanding of topics covered in industry groups such as ISDA working group
- Participate / assist in event processing and have a full understanding of Credit Event, Succession Events, and SSL Early Termination Events
- Collaborate with technology teams on the implementation of process flow improvements and efficiencies
- Contribute to quick resolution of trade issues by liaising with various groups including Front Office, Back Office, IT Team, P&L Controllers and Client Services in a timely and customer orientated fashion
- Liaise with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’.
- Take a ‘can-do’ approach to enhance relationships
- Adhere to deadlines and objectives
- Where appropriate, ability to maintain and explain own position using logic in the light of differing views.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Previous experience (1 yr+) in a Derivative Middle office environment or prior experience in working with Trading/ Sales in a financial institution
- Focus on the needs of the business
- Respect and value each team member’s contribution
- Act with integrity, accepting responsibility for actions
- Recognize opportunities for creativity and development of processes
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets with emphasis on Credit Derivatives Swaps, CDX Options, Index Tranches, Index, TRS and credit default management knowledge advantageous
- Attention to detail and accuracy imperative
- Strong academic background required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strong Excel/PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong desire to learn the processes and products
- A spirit of continuous improvement is essential
FINRA Registrations Required: