ALMT Short Term Position Manager
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- Manage liquidity of the bank while maximizing profit, minimizing risk and ensuring adherence to policies/regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking cash flows affecting liquidity position.
- Monitor and maintain required collateral for LVTS/CDS systems.
- In collaboration with Canadian trader participate in BOC morning auction.
- In charge of end of day balancing of cash position and closing position within Bank of Canada.
- Responsible for cash reconciliation process and end of day closing process.
- Produce weekly recap of cash position activity.
- Help ALMT meet budget objectives.
- Interact with customers, affiliates, brokers, dealers and BNPP colleagues throughout the day.
- Communicate efficiently Treasury pricing.
- Report and alert Treasurer on significant money movements.
- Responsible for preparing morning cash flow reports and ensuring accuracy.
- Understand the volatility of potential and actual cash flow positions.
- Manage intraday positions as well as reconciliation of cash flow against BOC balance.
- Understand, coordinate, optimize Overnight and Term positions through, but not limited to fx swap, tri-party repo vs. unsecured funding from internal or external sources.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BSC/MSC in finance, accounting or relevant fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experiance in banking or relevant fields.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel.
- Intermediary level in Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of Money Market products: BDN, CD, BA, REPO, REVERSE REPO, FX Swaps and how they operate, settle, trade and they are priced.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong team player and self-disciplined.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high attention to details.
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority.
- Strong skills in analyzing data, identifying trends and forecasting future impact.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with a variety of internal /external counterparties.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.