ALMT Short Term Position Manager
Standard / Permanent
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- Manage liquidity of the bank while maximizing profit, minimizing risk and ensuring adherence to policies/regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking cash flows affecting liquidity position.
- Monitor and maintain required collateral for LVTS/CDS systems.
- In collaboration with Canadian trader participate in BOC morning auction.
- In charge of end of day balancing of cash position and closing position within Bank of Canada.
- Responsible for cash reconciliation process and end of day closing process.
- Produce weekly recap of cash position activity.
- Help ALMT meet budget objectives.
- Interact with customers, affiliates, brokers, dealers and BNPP colleagues throughout the day.
- Communicate efficiently Treasury pricing.
- Report and alert Treasurer on significant money movements.
- Responsible for preparing morning cash flow reports and ensuring accuracy.
- Understand the volatility of potential and actual cash flow positions.
- Manage intraday positions as well as reconciliation of cash flow against BOC balance.
- Understand, coordinate, optimize Overnight and Term positions through, but not limited to fx swap, tri-party repo vs. unsecured funding from internal or external sources.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BSC/MSC in finance, accounting or relevant fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experiance in banking or relevant fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel.
- Intermediary level in Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of Money Market products: BDN, CD, BA, REPO, REVERSE REPO, FX Swaps and how they operate, settle, trade and they are priced.
- Strong team player and self-disciplined.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high attention to details.
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority.
- Strong skills in analyzing data, identifying trends and forecasting future impact.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with a variety of internal /external counterparties.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.