Standard / Permanent
AIM OF THE POST
Agency UK within BNP Paribas, London Branch performs Agency and Security Trustee functions in syndicated facilities where BNP Paribas has been mandated to act in these roles. The bank has a varied portfolio covering a wide range of sectors.
The Jobholder will be required to monitor and execute the agency obligations which arise under the financing documents for the syndicated facilities and when required may also be called upon to support new and ongoing administrative projects.
The role requires a high degree of awareness and sensitivity to the reputational risk of operating as Agent and the principals and applicable law relating to agency in the context of syndicated transactions.
Main day-to-day activities include the following:
• The management of the requirements and duties of the Agency and Security Trustee roles as defined in the relevant Finance Documents.
• Dealing with amendment/waiver/consent requests from the clients.
• Liasing with internal and external lawyers, technical advisors, surveyors etc on an ongoing basis in accordance with deal specific requirements.
• Monitoring and confirming drawdown requests against the terms set out in the relevant Loan Agreements and also against the relevant project budgets/plans.
• Monitoring of Security and related covenants.
• Advising and receiving from the clients, information required to be delivered under the relevant Finance Documents, in accordance with the prescribed timelines.
• Distributing the information received from clients to the syndicate banks in a timely fashion.
• Dealing with the queries of the clients, intermediaries and the banks;
• Issuing payment instructions
• Maintaining management information systems and processes for individual transactions.
• Dealing with the general administrative aspects of the Agency Team’s work.
• Adhering to the Corporate Policy and Procedures of BNPP
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
• High degree of integrity.
• Ability to engender trust of the clients and syndicate members.
• Good inter-personnel skills
• Strong organisation skills.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
• Proven track record in an Agency Department or the corporate debt market.
• Excellent analysis and documentation skills, familiarity with syndicated loan documentation.
• A highly organised self-starter.
• Computer literate with full knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Debt Domain experience
• A flexible and person who has the capacity to perform required duties over a varied portfolio and is able to work under pressure.