Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 192.500 employees in 73 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal, has today more than 4000 employees in Portugal, and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations center in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (“GFS”) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
Within GFS, the team of Control & Certification Services is responsible for the following:
• To ensure that the local accounting activities comply with the minimum control standards procedures of Group accounting,
• To perform the 2nd level controls related to the Group accounting control plans,
• To report the findings via dashboard to the Management and Internal Control of BNPP Leasing Solutions,
• To maintain a high level of accounting data quality.
GFS is hiring a person to be in charge of the accounting control (second level) for certain countries of BNPP Leasing Solutions scope.
Responsible for ensuring the respect and implementation of the key internal accounting control principles of the Group, your main missions, under the supervision of the Team Leader, are to:
• Operate second level accounting controls
• monitor the accounting quality and identify anomalies,
• exchange with Back Offices in order to analyse the issues and conclude on the necessary potential amendments
• report the findings of the operated controls through comments with conclusions on the risk and indicators,
• prepare notes and synthesis documents and deliver comprehensive and synthetic reports.
• Follow up on external and internal audit recommendations; facilitate the elaboration of action plans
• Perform inter-closing works, to contribute to post closing queries from the Financial Management.
Controls and reports are performed according to a daily, monthly and quarterly frequency as defined in the procedure. For the quarterly process, results of the controls will contribute to the certificate exercise.
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Bank
• Professional experience: at least 2 years of experience in external or internal audit or control department.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• An expertise in Excel and Access is a plus (to contribute to the automation of files and processes) as well as an experience using Business Objects
• Analytical skills, organizational capacities, rigour and deadlines respect
• Communication skills (good relational capacities, teamwork and adaptability)
• English is mandatory
• Basic skills in French would be a plus.