Accountant, Financing Activities and Cost of Risk Banking Environment
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
· The AVP for Financing Activities and Cost of Risk are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities and platforms under their respective responsibility. When applicable, they coordinate review and potential adjustments with other groups.
· The AVP for Financing Activities and Cost of Risk will also be involved in project resulting in the implementation of accounting system or new processes for the products under team responsibility.
· Perform month-end financial closing for their entities.
· Prepare and book daily/monthly entries as necessary.
· Review daily transactional account activity/daily ledgers for posting errors and back-value transactions.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
· Review ledgers and perform account and transaction analysis.
· Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under their responsibility by performing variance analysis, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns.
· On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the Management Accounting Team for report production.
· Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Client Service Team, Operations, and other support groups by :
ü Ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions / requests for information.
ü Escalating problems / issues to the platform head.
ü Providing quality service to other groups.
Click here to enter text.
· Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
· Observe the bank’s policies and procedures.
· Provide reporting coverage by:
ü Learning the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up.
ü Training his back-up on the preparation of the reports and tasks under his responsibility.
· Participate in staff development and evaluation, as well as staffing operational process (recruiting, hiring, and training). Help ensure that staff’s skills and competencies can support reporting requirements.
· Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
Training and occupational experience
· Accounting degree from a reputable university. CPA-CA designation required.
· Minimum 5 to 7 years of financial and/or management accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries.
· Basic corporate banking product knowledge desirable
Essential specific requirements
· Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both in IFRS and US GAAP (an asset) as well as regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations.
- Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
- Ability to learn new systems and products quickly.
Skills and behaviours
· Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment