2nd Level Nostri Reconciliation Analyst (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The 2nd Level Nostri Reconciliation team is part of the Transversal pole within the Settlement & Controls Department of Global Markets Operations.
The Nostri accounts are bank accounts opened by BNPP with Correspondent banks that are used to settle operations. BNPP has Nostri accounts opened in most worldwide currencies.
The Nostri accounts are reconciled by checking that Correspondent bank account statements are in line with BNPP accounting entries. A team external to the Transversal Operations pole is responsible for the 1st level reconciliation. Breaks that could not be solved by this team (1st level) are allocated to the 2d level Nostri Reconciliation team.
The 2nd level Nostri Reconciliation team is therefore in charge of the 2nd level reconciliation for nearly 160 Nostri accounts opened in most worldwide currencies.
The team is responsible for managing/analysing/reconciling the breaks related to the Forex, Money Market, Rates and Credit products traded by Global Markets, Asset & Liability Management (ALM) and Treasury Businesses for BNPP Paris and BNPP London entities.
This team, leveraging on its FXMM centre of expertise, is also servicing other BNPP Group entities such as BNP Paribas Securities Services, FINAMS, Personal Finance, Opera Trading Capital… for their Forex and/or Money Market trades.
This team plays a key role in the control framework of the Global Markets payment process.
- Control the daily availability of 1st level Nostri reconciliation results and its allocation to Global Market Operations on FXMM, Rates & Credit products
Control quality of the discrepancies allocated by 1st level
Analyse all breaks and identify root causes
Reconcile breaks where applicable
Take or request actions by liaising with relevant departments to solve breaks
Monitor and follow-up discrepancies resolution
Assign all unresolved breaks to Payment Incidents Team
Escalate to Management, Business, Compliance any major risk identified
- Report on a daily basis the status of controls and remaining operational risk
- Maintain effective working relationships with all key worldwide departments: Global Markets & ALM Treasury Front Office, Operations team (Trade support, confirmation & settlement teams, payment investigation), 1st level of Nostri reconciliation teams, Treasury Forecasting & Liquidity Management, Finance, IT teams …
- Participate actively to the “team life” (formalisation of team procedure, training, coaching new staff, contribution to improve team efficiency, level of service, operational process or IT functionality)
- Strong academic background with a specialisation in Finance/Capital Markets
- Fluent in English and French (both oral and written communication)
- Very good knowledge of Financial Markets products with emphasis on Forex, Money Market, Credit and Rates
- Good knowledge of Banking Payment Processes
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adaptability in a fast pace work environment
- Rigorous and well-organized
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team spirit and client focus
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills, effective problem solver and consensus builder
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)