Service Banker (Teller) - 25 hours San Francisco North Beach
United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
The person in this position will work 25 hours per week.
Provides high quality customer service by processing customer service transactions efficiently and accurately and uncovering cross sell opportunities of bank products or referring customers to other areas of the bank.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes customer transactions accurately of all deposits, transfers, withdrawals, and other transactions in accordance bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Identifies sales and cross selling opportunities and makes qualified referrals to specialist sales partners.
- Performs outbound calls for service/sales follow up in support of MCCRM goals.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures. Follows basic work routines and standards.
Typically does not require prior experience.
- Good customer service skills that includes verbal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Bank deposit and credit products; regulatory requirements
- Results driven
- Good at building relationships, collaboration and team work
- Good problem solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.