FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
In joining BNP Paribas Asset Management, you’ll be joining the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. We are a leading provider of quality investment solutions for individual, corporate and institutional investors. Our teams understand that our investment decisions have the potential to make a difference to our clients’ lives and this is why we say: investing means the world to us. Join us to discover an inspiring place to work with a culture of excellence. With our comprehensive training and development opportunities you’ll have the chance to grow, while learning from and sharing with colleagues through open and transparent communication. Ultimately, we strive to satisfy our clients by consistently perfecting what we do daily in our pursuit of excellence.
Role Description and purpose
We have an excellent internship opportunity with the Global Emerging Market Equities team in our Boston office. This person will work closely with Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Product Specialists to support all levels of the investment process and marketing effort. The internship is designed to run one day per week through May 2019.
- Provide assistance to the Global Emerging Market (GEM) Equities Team members by performing fundamental equity analysis and investment related ad hoc projects while supporting the Team’s Product Specialist in preparing presentations and performance summaries for clients.
Responsibilities may include researching company / industry fundamentals, providing financial and market data, creating financial statement models, preparing and maintaining various marketing presentations and macro outlooks and researching whitepaper or webcast topics.
Attend meetings with company management teams and prepare summaries to be used in the investment process.
Attend daily morning GEM Equity Team meetings.
Key Internal and External Relationships
Internal Portfolio Managers, Analysts, Product Specialists
External Company Management teams
Role requirements : qualifications & experience
- Candidate should be pursuing an MBA with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field.
Enthusiasm and curiosity about finance, economics and equity markets. Strong interest and / or experience in fundamental equity investing.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Knowledge of Bloomberg and /or Factset is a plus.
Essential skills / competencies (Technical / Behavioral / Leadership)
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to know more about things, peoples or events.
- Taking Initiative: Works proactively and independently, implementing work processes, ideas and solutions, including in situations where information is missing or wholly unusual.
- Results-Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined time frame, by acting with tenacity, any by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Client Focus: Does everything possible to achieve internal or external customer satisfaction by identifying the customers’ needs and providing them with the appropriate solution taking into account the company’s ethics and interests.
- Communication skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and/or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Contact: Jennifer McCaffrey