At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the overall design, implementation and maintenance of workforce analytics for the Retail branches. Work directly with business users and management to understand the needs, develop and deliver workforce management initiatives to satisfy business goals and strategic direction of the organization. Responsible for maintenance of the analytics tool and enhancement roadmap. Primary liaison between the bank and vendor.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of the workforce management software in coordination with best practices and infrastructure standards.
- Work with source system users to develop processes and procedures for entering information into the workforce analytics system and ensure reliability of information entered.
- Create and Manage a roadmap of initiatives for branch staffing levels and efficiency, including project management of specific projects that will range from small to large in size and business impact.
- Analyze data/results to ensure recommendations aligned with bank strategies
- Maintain appropriate documentation for datamart and BI platform.
- Mentor other team members, including consulting or outsourced resources as needed on workforce management best practices.
- Primary point of contact between the bank and workforce management vendor.
Other Job Duties
- Assist business owners in system analytics use, testing, production and maintenance.
- Identify re-engineering opportunities through research and analysis of business and system process inefficiencies to ensure the company maintains a competitive advantage with information.
- Understand existing workforce staffing strategies related products within Bank of the West and research technology opportunities and industry trends in order to advise internal clients on the applicability and utilization of technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Strong analytical or consulting experience.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (or foreign equivalent) in analytical field such as Economics, Statistics, etc.
- MBA preferred
- Experience in workforce management software and analytics.
- Extensive experience in using software to recommend optimal staffing levels for branches, or related experience
- Deep level of understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational and dimensional.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.