Wealth Management Group- Sr. Business Analyst
United States-California-Newport Beach
Wealth Management is GROWING!
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Will plan, conduct and supervise small, short-term projects as part of the GIFS Centralized Team
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple source systems, reconciles differences; Balances various computer reports; researches and resolves out-of-balance conditions
- Analyzes compliance reports and prepares various management reports
- Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses and financial statements
- Will provide support as a member of the GIFS Central Unit in the development of department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- May assist business unit production and/or investment trading functions during high volume periods.
- Work independently and/or collaborate with smaller team on assigned projects or tasks.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Other Job Duties
- Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
- Will be a member of the business unit’s centralized team and will be expected to interact with the team on a regular basis.
- Will report to a manager in the business line.
- Oversees test and project task development and implementation.
- Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- Strong preference towards a candidate with a broad knowledge of trust, investments, securities operation.
- Requires 7-10 years minimum prior relevant banking and/or trust experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance
Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements
- An ideal candidate will have some experience in retail and/trust/investment banking and a working knowledge of securities products.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.