United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
Job Description Summary
Manages large team to develop and implement marketing plans and tactics for assigned businesses, which would typically consist of both experienced professionals and managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid-term focus (e.g., 1-2 years). Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex. Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop annualized marketing plans aligned to business and communications plan. Works with business partners and other support related functions to develop annual marketing project list that is prioritized, can be accomplished with existing resources and can be adjusted as business objectives change.
- Collaborate with specialized marketing functions such as Digital marketing, direct marketing and social media to ensure that efforts not only reflect best practices but are coordinated and integrated.
- Effectively administer marketing budget and any marketing funds from business unit. Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with business partners. Maintain strong engagement, coordination and transparency.
- Champion the brand by understanding the brand strategy, brand voice and brand guidelines and promoting within and outside marketing.
- Acquire and maintain strong segment knowledge by demonstrating a solid understanding of the assigned business and products within Bank of the West and the industry.
- Embrace the business line's KPIs and use as the basis for marketing recommendations.
- Be a marketing innovator identifying best practices from within and outside the industry and sharing within marketing and the business lines as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing, Communications or related field
- Communication: Effective in listening to others, expressing ideas both orally and in writing, and providing timely information to management, business partners and colleagues.
- Able to develop and maintain strong partnership with fellow team members and foster a collaborative spirit.
- Must exhibit high level of effectiveness in understanding issues and issue resolutions in regard to decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include effectiveness in coordinating and promoting teamwork, innovation and collaboration among key stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate high competency in performance and time management.
- Position accountabilities are performed in a timely manner by adding value to the team and department.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.