Universal Banker II (Independence)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Ban Performs other duties as assigned.king, Commercial Banking, National Finance, Wealth Management.
The Universal Banker II provides high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner. This role will service transactions, handle needs assessments and open new accounts.
· Acts as the customers’ first point of contact with the Bank by handling the customers’ total financial service needs.
· Responsible for a broad range of moderate to complex activities in the branch including transaction processing, new account sales, customer service and referral generation.
· Achieves assigned sales and service goals quarterly.
· Establishes, maintains, and deepens relationships with banking center customers to achieve branch performance goals and provide excellent customer service.
· Adapts to the needs of the branch and participates in any promotional campaign and product initiatives.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum one year of sales, teller, customer service and/or cash handling experience
· Excellent customer service skills that include good verbal and written communication
· Strong relationship building, collaboration, teamwork and problem solving ability
· Ability to open accounts and/or refer customers to sales partners
· strong knowledge of bank deposits, lending products, credit products and services preferred
· Computer experience, preferably with Touchpoint Teller and New Account Systems.
· High School Diploma or GED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.