Trust Administrative Assistant II
United States-North Dakota-Fargo
Administrative / Clerical
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Fiduciary Associate role supports a Fiduciary Specialist who is responsible for approximately 150 trust relationships and $175MM in assets. Central to success will be demonstration of strong client service skills and development of strong working relationships with both Fiduciary team members, as well as, other Wealth Management Group team members. Responsible for primarily performing specialized, moderately complex and diverse trust administrative support duties and secondarily, more general support duties. Requires good working knowledge of practices, policies, programs, and business. Assignments include initiation of, or participation in, various projects, including researching information, providing analysis, and compiling data to convey relevant information.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day trust administration of the Global Investments and Fiduciary Solutions team, and follows up on pending matters.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages. Prepares correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for team staff. Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
- Initiates and researches information, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes, and summarizes data for projects or complex trends and status reports and studies.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail, and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the Global Investments and Fiduciary Solutions team’s function. May interact with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues. May act as information source for the team and clients.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company's policies and procedures.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Orders office supplies. Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Performs special assignments and project work as needed.
- May take minutes of staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Required Education or Experience
- Associates degree or three to five years experience
Field of Experience
- Working knowledge of general office procedures with demonstrated administrative and secretarial skills
- Complete understanding of the policies, practices, and function of the business unit
- Advanced personal computer skills necessary to format reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, et cetera
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and plan and manage short-term, moderately complex projects
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Mathematical skills, including compilation of statistics, balancing of figures
- Analytical skills and research abilities
- Planning and organizational skills
- Composition and proofreading skills
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Schedule and coordinate events, meetings and appointments
- Office procedure knowledge, including typing, filing, answering telephones
- Business telephone protocol
- Personal Computer skills
- Types 55 wpm
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.