Training Consultant, Corporate Compliance Group
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Designs and implements Bank of the West Corporate Compliance training programs to meet client needs. Solutions are predominantly computer-based training. May be responsible for management of Bank-wide programs with a specific functional emphasis on organizational, career, team or interpersonal development programs/processes.
1. Consults with internal clients to determine specific training needs for employee groups. Recommends training solutions.
2. Coordinates course content with Corporate Compliance Subject Matter Experts (SME’s). As required, creates lesson plans, audio/visual aids, test criteria, handouts, learning aids and evaluation/measurement tools. Interfaces with Corporate Learning & Development for development and testing of eLearning solutions. Coordinates required equipment and training aids. Ensures the effectiveness of related training materials (i.e., procedures, manuals, handouts, etc.).
3. Facilitates development and implementation of enterprise wide Corporate Compliance learning solutions, including skill inventories, and feedback instruments.
4. Confers with internal clients regarding individuals, work groups, units or divisions using organizational development interventions to improve communication, and determine compliance training needs.
5. Occasionally delivers classroom training and facilitates group workshops.
6. Prepares project plans (e. g, scheduling, costs, human resources and operational issues, etc.).
7. Assists in the development of the training budget and monitors certain areas of the budget throughout the year.
8. Maintains contacts in organizational development and training associations to keep abreast of new training and development techniques and interventions.
9. Monitors and acts on individual and group feedback to enhance all training and corporate development activities.
10. Recommends and directs outside vendors and/or contract employees for specific training programs. Ensures services provided are of high quality and meet the bank’s needs in the most cost-effective manner. Coordinates external training enrollments.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or field related certification(s)
· Five to seven years Training and Development
· Experience designing eLearning programs
Field of Experience
· Thorough knowledge in training design/delivery and organizational development activities, with emphasis on use of computer-based training methods.
· Knowledge of Banking regulations and compliance
· Analytical and research
· Instructional Design/Development
· eLearning Design
· Compose letters/memorandums
· Coordinate events
· Coordinate meetings
· Develop office procedures
· Negotiation skills
· Planning and organizing
· Presentation skills
· Use of personal computer
· Written and verbal communication
· Occasionally may lead one or more employees performing similar work in a matrixed capacity