What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to design and implement training programs to meet client needs. May be responsible for managing a specific training delivery channel, such as computer-based training. May be responsible for management of Bank-wide programs with a specific functional emphasis on organizational, career, team or interpersonal development programs/processes.
1. Consults with internal clients to determine specific training needs for employee groups. Recommends training solutions.
2. Creates course content, lesson plans, audio/visual aids, test criteria, handouts, learning aids and evaluation/measurement tools. Coordinates required equipment and training aids. Ensures the effectiveness of related training materials (i.e., procedures, manuals, handouts, etc.).
3. Develops and implements career development programs and/or career resource centers, including skill inventories, succession/career planning programs, and full-circle feedback instruments.
4. Confers with internal clients regarding individuals, work groups, units or divisions using organizational development interventions to improve communication, management problems and processes.
5. Delivers classroom training and facilitates group workshops.
6. Prepares project plans (e. g, scheduling, costs, human resources and operational issues, etc.).
7. Assists in the development of the training budget and monitors certain areas of the budget throughout the year.
8. Maintains contacts in organizational development and training associations to keep abreast of new training and development techniques and interventions.
9. Monitors and acts on individual and group feedback to enhance all training and corporate development activities.
10. Recommends and directs outside vendors and/or contract employees for specific training programs. Ensures services provided are of high quality and meet the bank’s needs in the most cost-effective manner.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree and/or field related certification(s)
· Five to seven years
Field of Experience
· Thorough knowledge in training design/delivery and organizational development activities. May require knowledge of computer-based training methods.
· Analytical and research
· Compose letters/memorandums
· Coordinate events
· Coordinate meetings
· Develop office procedures
· Negotiation skills
· Planning and organizing
· Presentation skills
· Use of personal computer
· Written and verbal communication
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.