What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for drafting, editing and/or re-writing loan policies and procedures for use across the bank's business lines. Performs analysis and researches on functions, processes and products to ensure content synchronization and coordination among multiple subject matter experts, and/or business units. Responsible for coordinating timely revision and annual review of policies, procedures, or processes. Provides support on various Business Group related initiatives and projects, with strong emphasis on written documentation to support business goals and strategies.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops the written content and provides editing support for the business line, or various other communications related to enterprise and business line loan policies, procedures and related documents. Ensures written content meets all Federal and State requirements and sound risk management practices. Requires significant collaboration with business partners and stakeholders, Compliance and/or Legal staff.
2. Segregates Enterprise level policies and procedures from those belonging at Business Unit/Division/Department level. Scope includes every lending category offered by the Bank (Consumer, Commercial, Construction, SBA, Speciality), as well as related Regulatory/Compliance matters.
3. Prepares materials for review by Executive Management prior to approval and publication.
4. Plans and prioritizes multiple projects with tight deadlines. Works independently on multiple tasks and projects within multiple team environments. Addresses project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professional manner. Prepares, provides, and communicates project status to staff and management.
5. Partners with bank's group/division managers to oversee the resolution of complex working problems; assists with development of training materials for managers and lending staff on the research and systems used.
6. Develops, conducts, reviews, and edits business process change controls and/or procedures to ensure consistency, quality, and accuracy.
7. Partners with other business units such as PMO, Compliance, CBD, CBG, WMG, etc., to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of content related to new and/or updated initiatives.
8. May support or manage various projects from conception to completion as assigned to support Divisional and Corporate initiatives; may include acting as business analyst and/or business resource coordinator for various projects.
9. Provides editing support to other teams as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Finance, Risk Management or related field required.
· Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
· Good knowledge of Basel II, Commercial and Consumer Credit, Compliance and Regulatory matters
· Thorough understanding of banking, financial topics and trends
· Demonstrated strong capabilities in written communication
· Planning, presentation and organization capabilities
· Excellent research and interpersonal skills
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools required.
· Good knowledge MS SharePoint preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.