United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Talent Management Analyst
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the initiatives and project work related to the talent planning cycle including; succession planning, leadership development programs, banking programs, learning and development, internal moves and promotions. Responsible for supporting and implementing systems and processes to further HR’s goals of identifying, retaining and developing talent. Will also conduct data analysis and create reports.
Essential Job Functions
1. Builds and manages project plans for talent-related programs for Bank of the West.
2. Supports the execution of talent roundtables, succession planning, leadership development programs and banking schools. Includes creating materials and managing vendors, budgets, and contract management/negotiations
3. Synthesizes data from various sources in order to recommend solutions for the organization as well as best practices in learning and organization development.
4. Supports the Talent Management Team by coordinating meetings, planning events, creating materials and managing logistics.
5. Acts as a connector in activities across Talent Management, ensuring alignment of talent strategies and competencies. Proactively recommend and implement ideas to increase alignment.
6. Designs and tracks metrics to determine the effectives of various initiatives
7. Creates and maintains a talent database that would include:
a. all those discussed in talent roundtables
b. all those attended/attending leadership programs and, potentially
c. potential successors to senior leadership and/or those discussed in talent roundtables
8. Provide day-to-day consulting on programs and talent planning process.
9. Participates as an active contributor on work that supports Talent, Organizational and Leadership Development as well as HR overall.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree - Preferred