IT Systems Analyst, Sr.
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing functional parameters for technical direction in the design, development and support of business systems applications, specifications and procedures.
1. Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
2. Formulates and defines large project/system scope and objectives, develops detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards. Negotiates with client owner to adjust scope as required.
3. Evaluates existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and makes recommendations to maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Analyzes, develops and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary and works on all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
4. Develops business proposals for software solutions to meet client needs. Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Conducts feasibility studies, including fiscal evaluations of proposed and existing systems, and recommends new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs. Partners with others through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
5. Develops test plans, test conditions, and scripts using highly complex concepts of business knowledge.
6. Provides highly complex analytical assistance to staff including interpretation of requirements on large mission-critical projects. Develops detailed requirements with business partners and assists in the system definition. Develops functional requirements.
7. Tracks and reviews vendor deliverable's and coordinates vendor activities as needed which may include integration of vendor tasks and contractual commitments.
8. Builds strong, collaborative relationships across business levels and functions.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- More than eight years of related IT experience
- 3-5 yrs minimum experience with AML/BSA at retail banking organizations including implementing AML Systems, conducting suspicious activity monitoring
- knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering to include the BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Problem solving and priority management skills
- Ability to make well informed business decisions while working independently and n group settings
- 5+ yrs experience in banking technology preferred.
- Collect, review, and analyze business requirements for BSA/AML Compliance projects focused on implementation of AML Platform for BoW
- Create functional requirements documents to meet BoW's BSA/AML Compliance needs
- Provide SME on BSA/AML solution focused on Actiimize Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR), Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM) and Actimize Case Management (ERCM) products
- Good understanding of Banking Industry function and banking data
- Good understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse and data integration between source systems and EDW envronment
- Strong knowledge of business systems architecture
- Strong knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements
- Strong knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration
- Strong knowledge of financial Banking systems
- Strong knowledge of applications development methodologies
- Analytical and research skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Project and time management skills
- Team building
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Leads project teams (varied levels) across units on a project basis
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 30 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.