Strategy & Admin Mgr II
Administrative / Clerical
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for partnering with the Group Head to shape, define and implement the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. Ensures organizational efforts are aligned consistent with these goals and measures progress against them. Charged with evaluating the organization to identify opportunities for improvement and partner with department management to create and execute plans to address them. Supports and advises the Group Head on key business issues and makes recommendations on important business decisions. As required, acts on behalf of the Group Head to implement high-level management decisions.
Essential Job Functions
1. Designs and implements the department's strategic planning process. Partner with the Group Head to document annual department goals and ensures appropriate cascading of goals throughout the organization.
2. Leads the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the department. Ensures alignment of employee goals as part of this effort.
3. Responsible for effective communication to the Group Head and other Business Line Executives on status of these and other areas of accountability.
4. Provides ongoing critical examinations of current business processes within the group, and for providing recommendations as for how to improve process quality/efficiency. Partners with department management on the implementation of recommendations, as required.
5. Liaises with the department, business units, and other business partners on an ongoing basis for project and ongoing responsibilities.
6. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
7. Develops and manages project management capabilities within the department. Builds out department standards and ensures compliance with those standards for all department projects.
8. Partners with Group Head and Department management to ensure alignment of organizational goals with department talent. Focuses on talent management to ensure succession planning is in place.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 or more years of relevant experience preferably in the banking industry.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
Audit & Inspection:
- Thorough knowledge of risk management policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment and monitoring for a financial institution.
- Thorough knowledge of internal audit procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.