Sr Technical Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Sr Technical Analyst
Job Description Summary
Responsible for building and delivery of requirements after working directly with internal clients to understand the business needs for complex to highly complex projects. Coordinates and performs the data analysis required to identify required data elements, and create source-to-target mappings (including business logic) for data transformations. Supports and contributes to the entire project lifecycle, including providing consulting for and coordinating UAT. Provides consulting to junior analysts.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop low and high level design documents
- Develop solutions to meet Business Requirements
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and recommends/evaluates technologies.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives of existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information technology
- Assists in the development of cost and time estimates for capital budgeting plan and operational budget plan for the area
- Ensures adherence to Bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards
- Integrate complex web, middleware, and back end systems
- 10+ years of application design, development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of J2EE/web application experience
- 5+ years of Web Services experience
- 5+ years of Banking domain experience required
- Prior experience with Capital Stream/Loan Origination system
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): code control, build, deployment and release management
- A BS/BA/BE degree or higher in information technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.