Sr. Strategy & Performance Analyst
United States-California-San Francisco
Administrative / Clerical
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Directs and project manages business routines and communications, drives the planning and coordination of the annual strategic planning process, and collaborate with the Group Strategy and Administration leader on key presentations, analyses and strategy development. Deliverables are on time bound and require an ability to work under tight deadlines. This role will collaborate with teams across the Group as well as the company in support of business processes and initiatives.
1. Strategic Planning: Drive the strategic planning process for the Group in partnership with the Finance team, technology leaders and key business stakeholders, refreshing these documents on an ongoing basis as necessary.
2. Business Process and Analysis: Lead and participate in analytical efforts required in support of the Group’s day-to-day operations and transformation program. Refine existing processes and develop new processes to support the evolution of the Group to deliver on our commitments to business stakeholders.
3. Metrics and Operating Reviews: Manage the Group’s efforts to create cohesive management reporting based on operational and business metrics that reflect our core activities. Partner to refine the monthly operating review and provide input to senior management reviews.
4. Communications: Develop and project-manage ongoing communications, including periodic All Hands meetings, results and accomplishments data, management reporting summaries and management share site. Includes proactive planning of the master calendar of communications events and topics and management of this calendar. Craft compelling PowerPoint presentations and clearly present findings to senior and executive management
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Engineering or Business combination of education and experience required.
Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business Administration
Bank of the West is seeking an articulate, self-directed, highly analytical, strategic, and creative individual to join the Office of the CIO/Technology Business Operations team. Specifically, the Senior Strategy and Performance Analyst will drive IT operational performance reporting and bench-marking, direct and project manage key business routines, manage planning and coordination of the annual strategic planning process, and collaborate with the Technology Business Operations leader on key analyses, presentations and strategy development. Deliverable are time bound and require an ability to work under tight deadlines. This role will collaborate with teams across the IT organization as well as the company in support of technology business processes and initiatives.
• IT Performance and Bench-marking: Understand and lead in-depth analysis of key IT operational performance metrics, business value drivers and industry benchmarks identifying and recommending key areas of opportunity. Deliver objective, compelling, and data-driven insights and recommendations that enable IT leadership and key stakeholders to make better business decisions.
• Business Process and Analysis: Lead and participate in analytical efforts required to support IT’s day-to-day operations and continued focus on operational excellence. Refine existing processes and develop new processes to support the evolution of the IT organization to deliver on our commitments to business and technology stakeholders.
• Strategic Planning: Support the strategic planning process for the technology organization in partnership with the Finance team, technology leaders and key business stakeholders. Develop IT Strategic plan, organizational goals and track progress through implementation.
• Communications: Develop and project-manage on-going communications, including results and accomplishments data, management reporting summaries and dashboards. Craft compelling PowerPoint presentations and clearly present findings to senior and executive management. Facilitate creation of Board-level presentations and documentation to support CIO and organizational needs.
• 3+ years of strategic business planning within financial services and technology.
• 7+ years of experience within technology/business organization with increasing levels of responsibility
Administrative / Technical Skills / Other Information
• Highly developed partnership and communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
• Strong analytical skills and experience developing/driving strategic analysis, operational metrics and reporting
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively lead strategic work across cross-functional teams
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with natural ability to influence and ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
• Expertise in using Microsoft Office applications, particular strength in Powerpoint and Excel
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.