What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Sr Software Engineer I
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on highly complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
1. Advises and Leads software development services typically in a defined highly complex project
2. Conducts a wide range of highly complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
3. Develops system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Develops recommendations on process improvements
4. Determines and makes recommendations on software design requirements
5. Ensures that systems are monitored to increase efficiency
6. Participates the development of software policies, standards and procedures
7. Drafts test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
8. Monitors system tests and documents all issues
9. Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
10.Creates Conceptual approach, Estimation, Detailed design, Software Deployment Guide, Supplemental or non functional specification
11.Mentors Associate Engineers
12.Manages tasks of a small team of engineers and their delivery
13.Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree - Required
· 7 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.