Sr Small Business Banking Support Assistant
United States-Colorado-Greenwood Village
Sales and Sales Related
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for providing fundamental support in all phases of client servicing, client relationship building and account maintenance to assist the business activities of the Small Business Relationship Manager (SBRM). Responsible for supporting assigned SBRM and SME National Sales Office.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides exceptional service delivery to internal SBRM banking clients to resolve account service issues and respond to client inquiries promptly and effectively.
- Address client requests/inquires, liaising with all the other bank service providers and interface with back office operations to ensure smooth processing and timely resolution.
- Supports assigned SME Team including answering phones, processing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, maintaining filing systems, photocopying, etc.…
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank’s credit policy and adheres to all RBG policies and procedures.
- Balances operational controls and customer service in order to minimize risk to the Bank.
- Completes documentation required to establish and maintain new accounts including the preparation, control and maintenance of Know Your Client (KYC). Liaison with clients in order to assist SBRM in performing KYC for new, existing, and prospective clients.
- Participates in selling Bank products and expanding client relationships. Identify and develop cross-sell opportunities by assessing needs through service-focused client contact. Refer to SBRM when appropriate.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established bank controls, risk and audit protocols.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank. Ensures compliance with bank CRA programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Admin, Finance or Accounting
- 3 - 5 yrs Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 3-5 years minimum experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience."
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills
- A high level of knowledge about products, procedures, and policies is required
- Planning and organizational skills
- Analytical and research skills
- PC skills including knowledge of MS Office Suite and other bank systems
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.