Sr Risk Management Analyst
United States-California-San Francisco
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Financial Institutions and Capital Markets (FICM) team at Bank of the West is responsible for managing the Bank’s credit exposure to trading and lending counterparties. As a member of the team, the candidate will frequently interact with Relationship Managers, Trading Desks, Treasury, Trade Finance, Loan Servicing, Operations, Legal and other personnel to understand, underwrite, and manage financial institutions risk within the Bank and parent organization. This is a professional role and provides individuals the opportunity to grow the skill set required for a career in risk, relationship management, credit products, and/or sales and trading.
Essential Job Functions
· Escalates material issues to appropriate management levels for transparency and active risk management. As assigned within the corporate operational risk framework takes action to maximize effectiveness of Control Programs, as well as changes in management.
· As needed, works with other risk functions to develop and implement controls that mitigate excessive risks.
· Once the controls are in place, continues to monitor control compliance and the prevalent risk environment recommending incremental recommendations for improvement to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels.
Other Job Duties
· Proactively manages the transaction process from inception to closing; assisting with the preparation of underwriting materials and monitoring ongoing transactions and exposure.
· Interacts with Relationship Managers, Trading Desks, Treasury, Trade Finance, Loan Servicing, Operations, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate structure, as well as new business and related trends.
· Assists in the negotiation and execution of legal documentation including ISDA’s/CSA’s and loans.
· Manages the risk of complex financial products and transactions.
· Views credit quality as a personal obligation exhibits independent judgment, and ensures balanced loan presentations and recommendations.
· On-going account and portfolio monitoring including being proactive in problem detection/resolution and contributing to maintaining balance between growth and credit quality.
· Provides support for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include country and regional banking analysis, presentations for senior management, and policy and procedure reviews.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Bachelor's Degree Finance, Statistics, Economics or related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.