What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for extraction of data from multiples sources to perform risk analysis, loss forecasting and other inputs to the computation of the allowance for Loans and Leases (ALLL) for all Consumer and Real Estate portfolios. Review various consumer portfolios incorporating trends evolution, drill down analysis and management action points. Perform various ad-hoc analysis for any key emerging risk issues, collaborate with business and risk managers to ensure the timely delivery of results and related analysis.
1. Master's degree required in any quantitative Field such as Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent. Or in lieu of that should have relevant experience in the banking sector especially risk management and/ or loss forecasting.
2. Knowledge of financial analysis data mining and statistics. Demonstrate ability to pull and manipulate large data.
3. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role such as loss forecasting.
4. Excellent Knowledge of PC software applications such as SQL, SAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
5. Understanding of regression or some modeling techniques may be desirable.
6. Good written and verbal presentation skills and ability to communicate well.
7. Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
8. Able to work with minimal supervision.
9. Flexible, proactive working style and adaptive to a team environment.
10. Work effectively as a team member with other quantitative analysts at the company, as well as with external consultants.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree Quantitative field required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Quantitative field or MBA with quantitative focus.
· 3 to 5 years directly related quantitative analytics experience
· With an appropriate Master’s Degree 2 or more years directly related experience.
Field of Experience
• Strong quantitative skills in such areas as econometrics, statistics, modeling, and time series analysis
• Strong knowledge of bank products, processes and business practices
• Experience working with large data sets. SAS and SQL experience desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.