Sr Project Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
- Develops and implements detailed project plans, including new products, conversion/integration, merger projects, and other projects as assigned. Manages the planning, documenting, testing, and executing, along with tasks, budgets, timelines, and project team members to successfully complete projects on and within budget. Develops documentation to support the project planning and implementation process.
- Consults, develops, implements, and manages the project life cycle of detailed project plans using standard project plans and develops and delegates project tasks including test plan and acceptance testing.
- May direct the due diligence information gathering, analysis and reporting for assigned projects.
- Supports the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals.
- Advises on milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
- Manages some members of the project team, which consists of members reporting to functional managers within the Bank, third party vendors, and consultants. Provides leadership, motivation and establishes a teamwork environment for the project team, and advises, influences, and coaches team members in the development and achievement of project goals. Facilitates and leads team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s/Advanced Degree preferred
- 8 - 10 years of project management experience
- Manages project teams consisting of staff assigned from the various departments throughout the bank and/or vendors providing service or support for the bank, affected by the assigned project.
- Recognizes project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professional manner and addresses them with management and appropriate staff members
- Prepares documentation defining policies to be established with management's approval, providing supporting documentation and specifications as needed
- Schedules and conduct status meetings with involved staff and management, to ensure timely completion of project tasks and addressing and resolving problems that could prevent timely completion of the project
- Prepares, provides and communicates progress reports on project status for staff and management review.
- Will supervise a team of 2 or more Professional Staff
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.