What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Sr Profitability Analyst
Responsible for supporting the capital planning process and the associated capital stress testing production with a focus on facilitating the CCAR/DFAST PPNR forecasting process as well as supporting the aggregation process for the broader review of balance sheet, income statement, risk weighted assets, and regulatory capital. In addition to profitability analysis, new reporting needs to be developed to regularly update senior management on the views and how they change by various factors.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist and perform CCAR/DFAST production runs to forecast balances and non-interest income/expense, including execute remediation of regulatory findings.
· Utilize statistical models for dynamic balance sheet and income statement forecast; perform statistical analysis to develop driver-based forecast and quantify relationship between macro-factors and PPNR components.
· Partner with the business and support groups and under the guidance of Finance Management; develop analytical framework to measure product/branch/customer/household/channel and segment profitability.
· Assist in aggregating the stress testing results from Treasury, Risk and other stakeholders; generate a holistic view of balance sheet, income statement for management review.
· Work with Financial Technology partners and within the Capital Planning team to develop system solution to handle balance roll forward and data transfer for key stakeholders in the stress testing process.
· Provide management with measurement data to support strategic decisions on product pricing for existing products and new product development, marketing campaigns and other product related profitability decisions; present findings to the executive level and socialize forecast methodology/result with LOB partners.
· Develop analytical capabilities to evaluate and review the financial impact of the business unit’s planned business actions on the Bank.
· Develop reporting capabilities to track and monitor product/segmented client performance against projections on a periodic basis.
· Work to enhance the understanding of data elements and ensure data quality; work with LOB partners and modelers on modeling approach, assumption in order to ensure consistency in forecast process; become subject-matter-expert on data and business characteristics for subject portfolios.
· Build lasting partnerships internally and externally so as to encourage open communication and knowledge sharing; partner with LOB partners and/or external vendors on data definitions; collect and validate data for modeling and benchmarking purposes; find solution to bridge potential data gap.
· Articulate requirements and extract data from the Finance Data Mart as well as other databases as required.
· Document current process and enhancements; perform control and governance checks.
· Performs ad-hoc analysis as needed to support business and functional priorities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree - Required in Business Administration, Finance, Economics
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Time Management and organizational leadership skills.
· Working knowledge of profitability and cost analytics.
· Able to interact with various business and support partners.
· Working experience of SQL, MS Access, Business Objects, Tableau, Hyperion & Essbase, SAS CPnM a plus.
· Working knowledge of stress testing and capital planning process a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.