United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other
banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There
is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000
employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western
values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a
corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative
thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are
engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our
customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135
year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking
and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. This role
will support the Equipment Finance Division
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West’s Equipment Finance Division is hiring a Senior Product Manager to act as product leader and be responsible for delivering on the Division’s strategic roadmap regarding digital solutions. Responsibilities include the development, implementation, enhancement, and support of a new digital portal.
Essential Job Function
· Coordinate with key stakeholders, customers, and end-users to define and develop requirements.
· Develop and refine roadmap for the portal, including: planning and prioritizing sprints, specifying new features, and coordinating third-party integrations.
· Work closely with IT in the coordination of development efforts.
· Conducts training classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary.
- Participates in the development of marketing and advertising programs for the assigned product or products.
- Reviews complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products.
- Maintains contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand sales officers' needs, etc.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to those products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategies that will result in meeting product objectives.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and advises management of possible impact on assigned products and services.
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Bachelor's Degree
- P4 - 7 yrs
- Agile product management and/or project management experience.
- Experience with digital channels, particularly in the financial services industry, a plus.
Digital platform/product experience, particularly in the financial services industry.
Background in Agile product/project management.
Equipment Leasing experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including operational and marketing aspects. Understanding of product planning and market research.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.