Sr. Product Manager - Product & Payment Solutions
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Defines and executes the road map - including pricing, product introductions and retirements, feature and functionality development, and offer strategies -
- Develops business strategies, and directs execution against those strategies. Partners broadly across the organization - systems, finance, legal, compliance, training, marketing and all channels - to deliver against defined business objectives successfully.
- Maintains a high profile, consistent and credible presence across the organization and within the industry in order to gather intelligence and benefit from others' insights. Uses this presence to identify business opportunities and to serve as an advocate for approved strategies, tactics and programs.
- Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates business segment opportunities and effect on market of present products; recommends exploitation of economically attractive opportunities. Makes strong and well-reasoned recommendations, and advances controversial or unpopular positions if they are in the best interests of the business.
- Understands and represents the interests of the customer, translating customer needs into actionable business opportunities.
- Directs product managers in management of assigned product lines or services in business segment. Ensures that staff obtains technical opinions and estimates of time and costs for new product development; coordinates all activities relative to product development with other bank units such as Marketing Department, Corporate Compliance and Division Executives, etc. for the most effective and profitable introduction and marketing of new products.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and regulatory environment, and advises management of possible impact on entire product and service lines of the overall business segment.
- Manages vendor and partner relationships to ensure that bank objectives are achieved.
- Directs the gathering of market intelligence so that business segment opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Plans, conducts and directs major, long-term projects.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategies that will result in meeting specific business segment and or product objectives.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand sales officers' needs, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years in a product development and/or management, or product marketing in financial services
- 7+ years in a bank environment
Field of Experience
- Thorough knowledge of business segment's product lines assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product planning, financial analysis, and market research. Thorough knowledge of the sales and marketing aspects of multiple product lines.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate events
- Coordinate meetings
- Demonstrated management
- Develop office procedures
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Use personal computer
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Manages professional level staff
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.