Sr Product Manager - Payment Hub & API
United States-California-San Ramon
Job Description Summary
This senior role is responsible for managing all strategic components of our Payment Hub and API Product Suite within the Cash Management Payments family. The Product Manager is primarily accountable for defining, communicating and executing of product strategies from concept to roll out for the products under his/her leadership. . The role also has primary responsibility for financial management and administration of all aspects of the products under management, including risk, compliance, regulatory, and legal issues. This role is expected to focus on business process and STP improvements, bringing new services including API’s to market leveraging the capabilities of payment hub and pursuing cost reduction as well as revenue enhancement opportunities to maximize product profitability.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, product administration, execution and release management for all products offered within our Payment Hub and API suite of products. The position is also accountable for market analysis, marketing, revenue forecasting, and P&L responsibilities specific to these products.
Strategy includes developing, articulating and communicating product strategy, roadmap prioritization, P&L Management, cost and revenue analyses, and designing and executing actions to reduce costs, enhance revenues and maximize profitability.
Roadmap includes developing and prioritizing product roadmaps as well as building of a business case for execution.
Product Administration includes participation and leadership in internal partnership meetings and discussions, cooperating with, responding to and remediating findings related to audits, vendor management, compliance with regulatory and compliance issues and updates, and risk management.
Execution includes leading cross functional teams on executing projects, making business decisions and serving as SME for the rest of the organization, driving activities that help bring the product to market such as training, educating the sales and service teams and developing and executing marketing plans.
Release management includes working with a project manager to build and maintain a master release plan; managing features and dependencies in and across releases; coordinating resources with impacted stakeholders and managing releases with phases and milestones.
Financial Management includes developing and maintaining business plans, managing the P&L of the product including achieving financial goals, forecasting and budgeting, deal pricing and pricing policy development, maintenance and communication, and pricing modeling.
Market analysis and marketing includes conducting market analyses, market segmentation analyses, target marketing of specific industries, designing and developing market collateral, conducting competitive analyses and designing and executing strategies to improve competitive positioning of managed products.
- Develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts.
- Recommends criteria for testing newly developed products, reviews test results and recommends necessary alteration of testing of product.
- Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
- Manages products to determine and monitor product life-cycle and recommending pricing and marketing strategies accordingly.
- Recommends new or revised products by researching, or directing research, of identified target markets to determine customer/prospect needs, acceptance, and probability of purchase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business required
- 4+ years of Product Management / Treasury / Banking experience required.
- 4+ years of experience working in payment products and services required.
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business or Information Systems preferred
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CTP preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.