Job Description Summary
This is a hybrid technology and data governance role.
We are looking for a (DA/BSA/Dev Lead) to join a highly talented team working on the latest technologies involving Big Data, Hadoop, RDBMS, security and encryption; to solve the ever-advancing security concerns in enterprise data security such as GDPR compliance, data privacy, data masking and encryption.
You will be an expert on internal systems and data fields and how to protect that data. You will identify gaps and control deficiencies throughout applicable business processes and internal systems, and work with the business areas/stakeholders to remediate and enhance as appropriate. You are an expert resource on industry best practices relative to data privacy.
The successful candidate must also be regularly learning about technology and policy developments and trends, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifying the latest trends and vulnerabilities in data security and privacy, both regulatory and as a matter of best practices.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders that work specifically with internal systems and data fields that are critical to privacy compliance, including Data Governance, Information Security, and Information Technology to identify potential compliance gaps and control deficiencies. Work with key business stakeholders in setting up new processes and projects to ensure appropriate level of privacy oversight and compliance.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of internal systems and data to understand where data is stored, how data moves internally, and how data leaves the organization. Conduct privacy risk assessments and gap analyses of internal systems and data movement. Work with key business areas/stakeholders to address control gaps and deficiencies.
- Remediate issues and enhance controls through collaboration with key business, compliance and IT stakeholders. Ensure appropriate documentation of all applicable business processes and controls.
- Remain current and anticipate changes in the regulatory environment and/or reputational risks to the company relative to business processes that implicate data privacy.
- Designs and develops policies, procedures of the organizations privacy program in accordance with security laws, corporate compliance risk controls and regulatory requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, solutioning, architecture and frameworks. Hands-on.
- Demonstrated success delivering complex, large scale enterprise solutions in a distributed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships.
- Proven organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently required.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environment
- Experience with national, international, and/or sectoral privacy laws and regulations such as GDPR and ISO 27018
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at senior and executive levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and translate into impactful messaging intended a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and with minimal guidance/oversight
- Strong ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of MA201 cmr17, new GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 1998, and the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
- Preferred understanding of Banking or Financial Services organization
- Strong project planning and management experience
- Ability to deliver briefings and presentations to senior management and clients
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to manage details while maintaining a strategic view. Ability to work effectively with ambiguity and change
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.