What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the development, management and execution of the Second Line Operational Risk testing program through formal testing and review of 1LOD control validation methods. Ability to manage complex testing engagements and follow all phases of the testing lifecycle; which include identification of key controls, assessing control design and effectiveness ratings, development of comprehensive test scripts, determine appropriate sample methodologies, communication with partners, and developing formal reports. This position will focus on operational risk domains; technology, information security, and third party and testing engagement for the International Holding Company (IHC).
Essential Job Functions
· Assist with the design and development of testing strategies and methodologies to assess the effectiveness of the bank’s practices used to validate the control environment.
· Responsible for the management of a testing engagement, through all phases of the lifecycle.
· Facilitate group level meetings with 1st Line of Defense to communicate status of testing engagement by addressing any issues, recommendations, and influence decisions and action when appropriate.
· Performs quality assurance for work performed by peers and coaching and training to other members of the team.
· Manages own work assignments to complete self-assessments and other reviews/projects as assigned.
· Ability to work in a dynamic work environment, manages multiple tasks concurrently, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and build strong working relationships.
· Create and distribute reports for senior and executive management that summarizes the scope of work performed, findings, and residual risk levels.
· Acts as a subject matter expert for the “Operational Risk Programs” within the team’s scope of responsibility of testing.
· Strong knowledge of risk management policies/procedures as it relates to specific risk area (information security, technology and others).
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Strong verbal and written communication; with the ability to take complex issues and translate into meaningful information and results for senior business leaders.
Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline; and have broad knowledge of information security and technology risk disciplines.
Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Preferred CISSP or other certifications in Information Technology, Audit, or Information Security.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.