Sr Lead Data Ops Analyst
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Lead Data Operations Analyst
Job Description Summary
Responsible for coordinating, developing, and managing business line reports presented to Senior Management and Board level Committees; controlling workflow activities and deadlines; and maintaining, organizing, and gathering information. Responsible for collaborating with management and business partners to identify key messages and objectives of the report. Coordinates with subject manager experts to develop report contents, manages the review cycles, and supports senior analysts to ensure timely submission of the Committee Reports to Committee Coordinators.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops, creates, and modifies general code or specialized utility programs. Analyze department needs and develop software solutions and automation.
2. Designs specialized program with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Analyze and help design databases within finance and regulatory reporting domains, working individually or coordinating database development and validation as part of a team.
3. Confers with ETL developers, production or systems analysts, programmers, architects and modelers to design automation system and to obtain information on batch job limitations and capabilities, database performance requirements and interfaces.
4. Plans and maintains the schedule and workflow for multiple reports and administrative tasks. Works with subject matter experts to produce, contribute, review, or approve the results.
5. Assists reporting analysts with developing reporting procedures. Ability to facilitate, coordinate and elicit reporting requirements from multiple stakeholders.
6. Partners with subject matter experts to extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and programming. Develop and direct Data Warehouse testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
7. Determines Data Warehouse performance standards. Coordinate data installation/upgrades and monitor automation suite functioning to ensure specifications are met. Consult with management about automation software system design and maintenance.
8. Maintains reports through manual file uploads, and performs verifications for completeness and accuracy. Maintains data files, archives, and documents library as well as manages the version control, updates, and approvals of key documents for policies, procedures, and audit control plans.Supports enhancements to functionality of Finance and Regulatory Data and reports.
9. Manages projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
10. Assists senior analysts with communication between business units, department leaders, and committees to ensure proper approvals and submission of reports and supporting documents.
11. Responsible for conducting in-depth analysis of existing and proposed business operations.
12. Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, Data warehouse configuration and help-related materials for users.
13. May oversee departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems and ensures controls and compliance.
14. Provides support as a subject matter expert to for finance and regulatory business or system processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in - Preferred
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
· Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Ability to work on technologies to build and maintain automation suite like Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica, Talend, Structured Query Report, Big Data Integration, Apache Maven, C++, Oracle, Java, Python, Spark , Apache Hadoop, Defect tracking software/tool; Hewlett Packard LoadRunner, Source code editor software, AJAX, jQuery.
· Strong management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
· Good Knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
· Highly motivated with strong leadership and keen focus on details skills. Understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
· Good problem solving skills and be able to swiftly escalate issues to management when needed.
· Strong eye for design and understanding of layout flows, ETL design, batch job dependencies and programing.
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and prioritize deliverables.
· Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.