United States-California-San Francisco
Business / Commercial Banking
Job Description Summary
Primarily responsible for the Group/Division's marketing, sales management and related administrative activities. Responsible for the overall planning, directing and managing client and prospect marketing with the objective of increasing incremental deposit and fee income growth. Primary liaison to the Marketing Department on all marketing related efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Implements division marketing strategies and procedures. Establishes marketing goals and measurements systems in line with the overall objectives of the Bank.
- Actively participates in sales calling activities on prospects and customers throughout the Division with Managers and Relationship Managers
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Makes recommendations regarding the Bank's product line and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing and operational activities.
- Manages coordination and communication with various Product Group Managers to develop strategies, create and tailor products and services, develop and communicate sales strategies, coordinate training, track sales results and communicate to Officer Managers.
- Assists in determining performance goals, tracking and assessing periodic performance of division employees.
- Acts as primary liaison for the division in developing overall marketing strategies, directing advertising placement and creative efforts, collateral development, press releases and corporate communications, NewsWest stories, Internet and Intranet developments, events and sponsorships.
- Assists in the preparation of short and long-range plans and monitors progress. Conducts periodic officer meetings to communicate sales results, marketing strategies and discuss product needs and competitive issues. Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank within the designated marketplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing or Business
- H.S. Diploma
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending, sales and marketing, and financial service needs of related commercial business.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Coordinate events and meetings.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Presentation skills.
- Prospect development and calling.
- Use personal computer.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.