Sr Information Security Auditor
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
FOR GRC: Responsible for performing audits of the Bank’s information security controls through desktop reviews and inspections of policies, audit reports, and evidence of security and business resiliency controls to validate operational effectiveness and identify gaps. Responsible for coordinating, developing, and managing controlling workflow activities and deadlines; maintaining, organizing, and gathering information; and coaching peers on assigned tasks. Collaborates with colleagues, management and business partners to identify risks within the Bank to enhance the security controls and protect Bank sensitive data.
- Creates and manages the appropriate artifacts throughout the initiative lifecycle of Corporate Security’s efforts.
- Ensures work effort dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues are defined, documented and communicated to the appropriate lead and/ stakeholder.
- Conducts risk assessments to identify risks to security and business resiliency controls. Documents overall effectiveness of operational controls within the Bank.
- Conducts audits of the Bank’s IT and Security controls to assess the effectiveness.
- Reviews internal and external security and technical test reports (audit, vulnerability and penetration test results, business resiliency Plans, etc.) to validate the effectiveness of operational controls.
- High School Diploma or GED Require
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Management Information Systems or related field required
- Prior public accounting or internal IT audit experience
- CISA, CISM, CRISC or CISSP certification(s) required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, technical policies, and methodology documentation.
- Sound interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
- Good understanding of industry practices and metric reporting fundamentals.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment, prioritize deliverables and manage workflow.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make effective recommendations to management
- Ability to optimize and condense information and transform data into easily understandable concepts.
- Solid understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
- Basic technical skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project Knowledgeable in various cybersecurity areas such as: Identity and Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Information Risk and Governance, IT Architecture, Monitoring, Incident Response and Security Strategy, Physical Security and/or Business Resiliency.
- Good knowledge of security controls for the handling of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data, regulations and security compliance requirements affecting financial institutions (FFIEC/GLBA)
- Familiar with assessment frameworks/standards (i.e. ISO/27000 Series, BITS SIG/SAS-70/SSAE-16, COBIT/SOX IT Control Testing, NIST, PCI-DSS
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.