Sr Fraud Prevention Analyst
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing strategic analysis of fraud trends, manages control configuration and provide subject matter expertise on best practices to prevent fraud. Responds to fraud events and coordinating cross business analysis and process enhancements. Through direct and indirect oversight from the Fraud Prevention Officer within the Corporate Security Department, the position partners with our Retail and Commercial Banking Operations, Debit Card Operations, Loss Prevention, Risk Review, Contact Center, Corporate Security Investigations and other key business units across the Bank.
Essential Job Functions
1. Applies fraud prevention best practices and continuously gains in-depth knowledge of various fraud prevention methodologies.
2. Develops best practices and processes for fraud scoring rules, strategies, and other business improvements to reduce fraud activity and credit card chargebacks for online (card not present) transactions.
3. Defines and documents business requirements, processes and methodologies needed to develop and support fraud prevention systems.
4. Collaborates with multiple areas in the Bank to deliver complex fraud prevention projects and manages deliverables from inception to closure.
5. Makes recommendations to management for improvements to various projects, tasks, and objectives. Describes business problems/solutions.
6. Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of fraud prevention initiatives including concentration analysis and establishment of exposure limits.
7. Partners with analytics, risk operations and technology groups to identify data sources and develop processes for capturing required data.
8. Serves as the project lead on strategic fraud prevention projects.
9. Participate in integration task forces for future mergers and acquisitions.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Information Technology or related field is required.
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's fraud prevention controls, risk processes, systems and data environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.