United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Treasury and Capital Markets Financial Accounting
Sr Financial Reporting Analyst
Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's annual financial statements in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and GAAP. Responsible for performing financial reporting activities, including the preparation of highly-complex shareholder reports, researching proposed, new or revised IFRS disclosure requirements and analyze the resulting impact on the Bank's reports to BNPP.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for leading the preparation of the annual U.S. GAAP Financial Statements to ensure accuracy, compliance with reporting framework and consistency with other external reports.
- Compiling data for and prepares periodic financial reports of a highly complex nature.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements of the assigned subsidiaries including compilation of various corporate reporting templates for GAAP, Statutory or IFRS reporting.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day financial reporting responsibilities including developing ways to improve reporting templates focusing on efficiency and compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Acts as a lead for employees supporting the financial reporting process
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and other report generation instruments.
- Develop and maintain robust documentation for all key processes - automated and manual - associated with GAAP and IFRS reporting function
- Interacts with auditors to provide information and access to accounting records and financial reports.
- Research technical accounting literature to analyze and critically assess reporting information with a focus on not only compliance, but improvement as well. Present recommendations to Management.
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development.
- Stays current on new and evolving accounting pronouncements, keeping management informed as to their relevance to the Bank.
- Frequent interaction with Business Analysts and Technology Resources.
- Ability to write clear business requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance- Required
· Required License(s) or Certifications in CPA- Preferred
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having as a specialist within discipline.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and research ability
- Excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills
- Bank product and service knowledge highly preferred
- Compile statistics data and create reports using Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.