Sr. Financial Analyst - Retail Banking Division
Integral position responsible for providing management reporting and analysis to key stakeholders within the bank. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy. Drives the FP&A feedback loop taking into consideration actuals, planning, reporting, analysis and improved assumptions for executive management decision making. A successful candidate in this position will bring creativity and insight to executive level presentations. The candidate will provide direct support to the group SVP as it pertains to the following:
Essential Job Functions
- Provide formal linkage between Corporate Finance function and Retail Banking Division business leaders
- Management reporting to key business units and finance leaders. Ensure meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity, accuracy, and efficiency
- Drive the review of division’s monthly results, comparing forecast, budget, and prior period results. Identify and research anomalies and trends in data that require investigation. Formal tracking of one-off items
- Provide strategic insight and analysis of the Retail Banking Division performance, including the performance of individual sub-groups, communicating potential issues with proposed solutions and alternatives
- With support of Corporate FP&A team, lead preparation, review, and presentation of divisional budget and quarterly forecasts to business and finance leaders
- Work with business owners to understand their Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and to incorporate those drivers into the profitability analysis for the Division
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of any required group-to-group budget transfers
- Partner with accounting team to ensure completeness and accuracy of accrual entries and management accounting adjustments for Retail Banking Division
- Manage any alternate reporting hierarchies and required reconciliations
- Assist with modeling, integration, and tracking of new initiatives and/or business cases
- Full ownership of ad-hoc projects or analysis with a focus on end-to-end development
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.