Sr Compliance Officer- Sanctions
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for supporting Corporate Compliance functions in the areas of: Banking Security (BSA), Anti Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC), and/or similar areas. Analyzes regulations, policies and compliance implementations. Supports or leads assigned team operations and projects and Corporate Compliance projects for general Corporate Compliance governance including policies and procedures. Interacts within Compliance and across bank with Lines of Business and support groups such as Risk and Finance. Conducts detailed research to develop decisions with potential regulatory sanctions and/or revenue impact to the bank and clearly documents decision analysis for executive level review. Assesses, prioritizes and responds to OFAC alerts; keeps abreast of and applies knowledge of Sanctions; and, demonstrates a willingness to escalate issues to management.
· Reviews and interprets new and pending laws, regulations and industry developments in areas related to Sanctions and BSA/AML/OFAC; and assesses impact on the bank's businesses and / or Sanctions Risk Foreign Banking risk in written form.
· Performs or supports policy administration, analyses and recommendations to Compliance Management Team and/or makes decisions on behalf of the BSA group to stop bank transactions. terminate or maintain foreign correspondent bank relationships.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, criminology or related field, Masters in Business Administration, Finance, JD or related field preferred.
· Excellent business writing skills essential.
· Subject matter expertise in: research, complex decision making, financial sanctions topics.
· Knowledge of banking regulations and financial institution compliance subject matter and issues.
· In-depth analysis, clear writing, strong communication and relationship management skills.
· Organizational and project management capabilities.
· Operational management and process administration experience, preferred.
· General practical experience in banking, compliance, finance and risk management, preferred.
· Spreadsheet (such as MS Excel), database (such as MS Access) and SharePoint capabilities
· Reporting and presentation skills (MS PowerPoint, Adobe PDF Pro)